- 1/ 2 cup San-J Organic Tamari Soy Sauce with 28% Less Sodium
- 1/ 4 cup honey
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1/ 2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 english cucumber, julienned
- 1/ 4 head of purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1/ 4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 cups of cooked rice
In a large bowl, add soy sauce, honey, garlic ginger and black pepper. Whisk together, until well combined. Divide sauce in half, and set one half aside.
Add shrimp to the large bowl with half the sauce. Toss to combine, and let marinade in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until shrimp is pink and fully cooked. Remove from skillet and set aside.
Turn heat to medium and add remaining sauce to the skillet. Gently whisk or stir, until sauce begins to simmer and thicken. Cook for about 2 minutes and remove from heat.
Layer bowl, starting with rice. Add in fresh-cut carrot, cucumber and cabbage. Pile on cooked shrimp and garnish with chopped scallions and fresh cilantro.
Drizzle on Soy-Ginger Sauce to serve.