For the Brownie Crust
- 1 1/ 3 cups blanched almond meal
- 1/ 3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/ 2 cup shredded coconut
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled for 5 minutes
For the Strawberry Cream Filling
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked 4 hours then drained
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh, hulled, plus more for garnish
- 1/ 2 cup coconut milk
- 1/ 4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled for 5 minutes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, optional
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Grease and line an 8x8 inch square baking dish.
To make the brownie crust, add almond meal, cocoa powder, and coconut to a food processor and pulse to form an even crumb. Add dates and coconut oil; pulse until a sticky dough forms. Press crust into prepared pan, making sure to get as even a layer as possible. Set aside.
To make the strawberry cream filling, place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until silky smooth, then pour over crust.
Freeze for 2 hours, then refrigerate overnight. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
When ready to serve, top with chopped fresh strawberries (or press them into the filling). Slice into bars.