For the Base
- 7 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 11/4 cups shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao
- a pinch of salt
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tablespoons rice malt syrup
For the Caramel Layer
- 2 cups Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup tahini, or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut condensed milk
For the Chocolate Top
- 31/2 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut condensed milk
To make the base: add flax meal, coconut, cacao and salt to a high-speed food processor. Pulse until combined. Add dates and 2 tablespoons rice malt, and pulse to form a sticky base. Add more rice malt is needed.
Press mixture into the base of a 6-inch square cake tin.
Add all caramel ingredients to a high-speed blender, and blend until very smooth. You will need to scrape the sides at least once.
Pour over your base layer, smooth with a hot spoon, and set in the freezer while you make the chocolate top.
Add chocolate and coconut condensed milk to a heat-proof bowl and melt over a pop of simmering water. Once melted pour onto of caramel base.
Allow to set in the freezer for at least 4 hours. To serve, remove from freezer and cake tin. Use a very hot knife to slice into desired serves. Store in an air-tight container, and ENJOY!!!