For the Base
- 1/ 2 cup pecans
- 1/ 4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- pinch kosher salt
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
For the Vanilla Filling
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 4 hours
- 1/ 4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 2-3 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Chocolate Topping
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons rice malt syrup
- 2 teaspoons coconut cream
- 1/ 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
To Make the Base
Make the base: Add everything except the dates to a food processor. Pulse until very small crumbs have formed. Add dates and pulse until the mix starts to clump together (if this doesn't happen, add more dates). Press into a small tin of choice (I used a 4-inch square one).
Make the filling: Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until very smooth. Pour over your base and set in the freezer.
Make the chocolate topping: Set up a heatproof bowl over a pot of just simmering water. Heat bowl, then turn off water. Add coconut oil and allow to melt. Once liquid, add remaining ingredients, then whisk until smooth. Pour final later onto cake, and reset in freezer.