- For the Squash:
- 3 to 4 acorn squash, washed, halved and de-seeded
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 sachets chai masala tea bags
- 1 tablespoon vegan brown sugar
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- For the Filling:
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/ 2 cup bulgur, soaked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/ 2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/ 4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoon sliced scallions (optional)
Make the Squash
Preheat the oven to 350℉ and prepare a sheet pan.
Soak the bulgur in 2 cups of boiling water for 30 minutes, set aside.
Place the halved squash onto the sheet pan. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with tea, and season with salt, pepper, and brown sugar.
Roast for about 20-25 minutes, until tender.
Make the Filling + Assemble
Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onions and saute for 5-7 minutes or until softened and golden brown.
Drain the bulger and add to the pan with the onions. Mix in the pecans and cranberries and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes. Taste to adjust seasoning.
Place the cooked squash halves on a serving tray and fill with the cooked bulgur. Top with scallions (if using) and a drizzle of olive oil.