Join a Global Community of Cooks! Receive our weekly newsletter and be the first to know about trending recipes, when we publish new feeds, and find out when we are running a Contest or Twitter Conversation.
We're excited to have you in our community, we'll be in touch soon!
Please enter your Date of Birth to Enter
By entering this page, you confirm that you are 21 years or older.
Please see our website
Terms and Policies
for additional information.
Maple Tahini Cookies? They may not look like much.. But they taste like chewy caramel goodness? Made from only… read more>
Maple Tahini Cookies? They may not look like much.. But they taste like chewy caramel goodness? Made from only four ingredients, vegan, gluten free & refined sugar free? Perfect for school/work snacks? Makes approx six cookies!
Tamari and Ginger stirfry🌱 Such an easy meal to prepare and make! Feel free to use whatever vegetables you… read more>
Tamari and Ginger stirfry🌱
Such an easy meal to prepare and make! Feel free to use whatever vegetables you like and you could also use tempeh instead of tofu🤗
Any vegetables you like, I usually use a large handful of each of the following (chopped): Carrots
Capsicum (bell peppers)
1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tbsp tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
2-3 tbsp water
Pinch of salt
150-200 grams cubed firm tofu
1. Put all the vegetables in a bowl followed by coating them with the salt, ginger and tamari.
2. Heat up a large pan with the sesame oil.
3. In the heated pan, Sauté the tofu. Then through the veggies in and stir them for a few minutes until they are hot and start to crisp.
4. Add some water into the pan to allow the vegetables to cook further.
5. Remove from the heat and serve with rice, quinoa or noodles! Whatever you like🌈🌸💘
Hope you had a great day!
Sending lots of love and light xx
#vegan #strifry #tofu
Today's scrumptious lunch! Firm cubed tofu marinated in fresh grated turmeric and ginger, olive oil, ground… read more>
Today's scrumptious lunch!
Firm cubed tofu marinated in fresh grated turmeric and ginger, olive oil, ground cumin (from @thesourcebrunswick 👌🏼), salt and pepper for one hour. Then baked in the oven at 170C for 30 minutes. Served with baked potatoes with a drizzle of tomato sauce, spinach and avocado. Hope you've all had an amazing day✨🤗🥑💘🌱🌸💖
#vegan #potatoes #tofu
Potato gems on avocado toast with spinach, tomato, salt and pepper for today's late lunch👌🏼🥑🍅🥔🌱 And holy moly… read more>
Potato gems on avocado toast with spinach, tomato, salt and pepper for today's late lunch👌🏼🥑🍅🥔🌱
And holy moly it was delicious!!!! If you've been following me for a while you'd know I love potatoes of all kinds, especially gemmies😛
This combination was divine and I'll definitely be doing it again soon. Simple, yet very nourishing and tasty🌸💘
Hope you all had a beautiful Tuesday💩
Sending heaps of love xx
#vegan #avocadotoast #potatogems
First vegan feast back in Melbourne after an amazing weekend at Confest!!!🦋🌱💘✨🤗 Thanks to our lovely friend… read more>
First vegan feast back in Melbourne after an amazing weekend at Confest!!!🦋🌱💘✨🤗
Thanks to our lovely friend Ellie we devoured this spread ~ Tofu and veg skewers, salad, olives, baked potato wedges and quinoa salad. SO YUM👌🏼 Even got spoiled with coconut cream chocolate mousse + berries for dessert!
Aleks and I are already in bed, ready to relax with snacks, a movie and an early nights rest. Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! Sending love to all of you😘🌈🌸
#vegan #bbq #friendsnotfood
HOT CROSS BUNS🦋🌈✨ It’s Easter time and everyone is eating hot cross buns. It’s extremely hard to find some… read more>
HOT CROSS BUNS🦋🌈✨ It’s Easter time and everyone is eating hot cross buns. It’s extremely hard to find some buns that are vegan, gluten free AND fodmap friendly, so I thought I’d create a version that we can all enjoy, whether you celebrate Easter or not!! I'll be heading to my favourite festival CONFEST tomorrow woooOo. I've just packed and have three huge bags of food and one tiny bag for clothes haha #priorities 🤷🏻♀️
Hope you have a lovely weekend and enjoy this recipe❤️🌱💘
Makes 5 buns
For the buns:
1 sachet of yeast (7grams)
¼ cup warm water
2 tsp raw sugar
1 & ½ cup buckwheat flour
½ cup gluten free self raising flour
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp melted nuttelex or other vegan butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mixed spice
¼ cup coconut sugar
½ cup soy milk
¾ cup roughly chopped dark chocolate (I used loving earth’s hazelnut block)
For the crosses:
1 tbsp buckwheat flour
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp raw cacao powder
1. Firstly, in a bowl mix together the sachet of yeast, 2 tsp of raw sugar & the ¼ cup of warm water. Set aside for ten minutes to let the yeast activate.
2. In a larger bowl, sift in the flours and baking powder, followed by adding in the coconut sugar and spices.
3. Stir the melted nuttelex and soy milk into the flour.
4. Add the activated yeast into the mixture until combined.
5. Lastly, add the chopped dark chocolate. Knead the mixture for a couple of minutes, adding more flour if required.
6. Place the mixture into a clean bowl and cover with a tea towel. Put in a warm space and let the dough rise for an hour.
7. Preheat a fan forced oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a cake tin.
8. To make the crosses, simply add all the ingredients into a bowl and combine.
9. After the hour has past, Remove the dough from the bowl and roll into five separate buns.
8. Place the buns side by side into the prepared cake tin.
9. Place the cross mixture into a piping bag and pipe onto the top of each bun.
10. Put the buns into the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven and eat hot with vegan butter YUM!!!!!
#vegan #hotcrossbuns #confest
If you haven't put tofu scramble in your tacos, do it asap!! So yum💁🏻 My recipe for the scramble is simples🌱… read more>
If you haven't put tofu scramble in your tacos, do it asap!! So yum💁🏻
My recipe for the scramble is simples🌱
For two small servings or one very big one:
200 grams firm tofu, mashed with a potato mashers or a fork
2 tsp ground tumeric powder
1/4-3/4 cup nutritional yeast from @thesourcebrunswick (Adjust this to your taste buds, I usually add heaps as I love it so much)
1 cup raw spinach
2-3 tbsp water, used as required
1 tsp olive oil
Extras to add into the scramble if desired:
Tomato, kale, mushrooms, olives, black salt (For an ‘eggy’ taste), grated carrot, grated zucchini
1. Heat up a non stick pan on a low-medium heat and coat with the 1 tsp of olive oil
2. Throw the mashed tofu into the pan, followed by sprinkling other the tumeric and nutritional yeast.
3. Add the 2 tbsp of water while sautéing.
4. After a couple of minutes, throw in the spinach and stir together.
5. Sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes until tofu is nice, hot and resembles scramble!
6. Remove from the heat and eat as is, with veggies, or on toast :) Note: tofu scramble can be kept in the fridge overnight and eaten the following day, it’s delicious as the flavours develop 😍
Stuff in between taco shells with whatever you like + avocado of course🥑YUMM!
Have a lovely day🌸❤️
#vegan #tacos #tofuscramble
Choc chip muffins🍫🌈 New recipe for all ma lovely Insta pals☺️🌸Makes six vegan & GF moOffins🦋 Feel free to… read more>
Choc chip muffins🍫🌈
New recipe for all ma lovely Insta pals☺️🌸Makes six vegan & GF moOffins🦋
Feel free to double the recipe for more❤️ Ingredients:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup melted vegan butter ~ I used @mylifebio buttery✨
1/2 cup plant based milk of choice
1 cup gluten free self raising flour or regular self raising flour
1/2 vegan chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 170C and grease a muffin tin.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar.
3. Next, whisk in the milk.
4. Stir in the flour, followed by folding in the chocolate chips.
5. Pop the mixture into the prepared muffin tin (3/4 mixture into each spot) and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before eating, enjoy xxxx🌱
#vegan #chocchip #muffins
Potatoes are a gal's bestfriend🍟💁🏻🌸💘 Especially when seasoned in olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper!!! Baked… read more>
Potatoes are a gal's bestfriend🍟💁🏻🌸💘
Especially when seasoned in olive oil, oregano, salt and pepper!!! Baked in the oven for an hour at 200C. So easy yet delicious🤗
Why is it sooo cold today!? Been having lots of tea and hot choc👌🏼
Hope everyone has had a delightful Monday. Sending heaps of love❤️
#vegan #potatoes #friendsnotfood
Peanut butter donuts with a chocolate glaze💁🏻 Makes 8 vegan + gluten free donuts🤗 They taste amaze balls ;)… read more>
Peanut butter donuts with a chocolate glaze💁🏻
Makes 8 vegan + gluten free donuts🤗
They taste amaze balls ;) Enjoy🌸🌱Ingredients:
½ cup smooth peanut butter
½ cup coconut sugar (or raw sugar if you like!)
½ cup almond meal
½ cup gluten free self raising flour
½ cup soy milk
For the glaze:
Simply melt your favourite chocolate block✌🏼 Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 170C and grease a donut tray. If you don’t own a donut tray, you could use a muffin tin! I purchased my donut tray from Big W in Australia.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, coconut sugar and soy milk.
3. Sift in the gluten free flour, followed by adding in the almond meal.
4. Spoon the mixture evenly through out the donut tray.
5. Pop into the oven for 25 minutes to bake!
6. Remove the donuts from the oven and allow to cool before smothering with melted chocolate.
Hope your weekend was just as fun as mine💩
Love Ev xoxo
#vegan #donuts #friendsnotfood
Built by Cooks
A portion of proceeds will go to support small farms