Kyle from @nottcooks created this recipe using Muir Glen's Organic Crushed Fire Roasted Tomatoes. He found all the ingredients at his local Whole Foods in Tucson, AZ. Find your local Whole Foods here, and you can try this recipe too!
- 1 (28 ounce) can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, peeled and deseeded
- 1 pound cucumbers, peeled, ends removed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 chopped scallions
- 4 ounces sourdough bread, grilled, large dice
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro, rinsed, roughly chopped
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 1/ 2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
In a blender, combine all ingredients except the canola oil (*to get a smoked, robust flavor, grill your peppers, shallots, scallions & bread). Blend until smooth. Once, mixture is smooth and running through the blender, slowly emulsify canola oil while the blender is running on a medium speed. Make sure the liquid in the blender is rotating, if it gets too thick, add a touch of water to thin it out. Keep emulsifying oil and let blend for another minute after you add all the oil. Stir in salt and pepper.
Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Serve 6 ounces in a bowl and you can garnish with your favorite seasonal ingredients. This pairs well with grilled shrimp, scallops, fresh avocado, radish, & pomegranate.