How to make Italian-Style Chicken and Tomato Soup
Prep time 10mins
Cook time 20mins
Serves or Makes: 6-8
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 2 (10 ounce can) Tomato Love Mild Diced Tomatoes + Green Chiles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato Paste
- 2 cups ditalini pasta
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 pinch of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 parmesan rind
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/ 4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/ 4 cup fresh basil leaves
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
Add onions, garlic, and carrots and season with half the salt and half the pepper. Add red chili flakes and tomato paste and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes.
Add two cans of Tomato Love Mild Diced Tomatoes + Green Chiles along with chopped parsley and chicken stock and stir to combine.
Add parmesan rind and shredded chicken and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Add pasta to soup and cook until tender.
Serve soup into bowls and top with fresh basil and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.