I make pesto at least once a week; it's a staple in my household! I toss it with pasta, use it to top eggs, slather it on a pizza; the options are endless. Whenever I'm making pesto, I reach for my favorite La Tourangelle Organic Olive Oil. It adds a lovely depth of flavor to any type of pesto and gives the perfect peppery finish. When I am making pesto, I like to think of it more like a ratio than a recipe. You can whip this up with whatever greens you have on hand; spinach, arugula, kale and basil are just a few of my favorites.
- 4 cups packed greens, basil, spinach, kale leaves or arugula
- 1/ 2 cup La Tourangelle Organic Olive Oil
- 1/ 2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/ 4 cup nuts or seeds of choice, pine nuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- pinch Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients to a high speed blender in the order listed and blend until smooth, about 2 minutes.