"Eating the rainbow today! ❤🧡💜💚💛 (a simple vinaigrette or a creamy store bought ranch dressing works well with this) I definitely will get my day's allotment of veggies with this one. (and you can eat it with a spoon! 😄👍)"
Crunchy Chopped Salad with Rainbow Vegetables
Prep time 15mins
Cook time 15mins
Serves or Makes: 4-6
For the Salad
- 1 small butternut squash, sliced thickly
- 8 ounces halloumi, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4-6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup radicchio, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup mini sweet peppers, chopped
- 1 cup rainbow carrots, sliced into thin discs
- 1 cup celery, chopped small
- 1 cup zucchini, diced or zoodles chopped into 1" pieces
- 1 avocado, sliced and diced
- 1/ 4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1/ 4 cup pomegranate seeds
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/ 4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/ 4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
To make the vinaigrette: whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl.
To make the salad: Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add the butternut squash and cook until soft. Remove from water and dice.
Heat a dry skillet on the stove. Grill halloumi slices until golden, then flip and cook until golden brown on second side. Crumble into small pieces.
Place all vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss together. Sprinkle with pine nuts and pomegranate seeds. Season to taste with salt and pepper.