- 1 cup fresh herbs, leaves and tender stems, (parsley, basil, chives, cilantro, dill)
- 3/ 4 cup creamy stuff, (buttermilk, Greek yogurt thinned out with a little water, dairy-free plain yogurt, plain kefir, or a combination)
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted
- 2 tablespoons oil, (preferably olive oil, but canola, avocado, and grapeseed will work)
- 1 lemon or lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, (optional)
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled, (optional)
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Black pepper, as needed
Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and puree until very smooth. Dressing should coat the back of a spoon, but if dressing is too thick, thin it out with a little water or more lemon juice. If dressing is too thin, add one more tablespoon of oil and one more tablespoon yogurt until and blend again to incorporate.
Serve a small bowl of dressing for dipping fresh veggies, stir a few tablespoons into chicken salad, or drizzle liberally over your favorite salad.