- 8 ounces dairy-free butter (such as Miyoko's)
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 sleeve saltine crackers, (not unsalted)
- 11 ounces dairy-free dark chocolate, chopped
- Toasted walnuts, for garnish (optional)
- Toasted almonds, for garnish (optional)
- Sprinkles, for garnish (optionlal)
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a quarter-sheet pan with parchment paper.
Melt dairy-free butter with brown sugar in a medium pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
Arrange crackers in an even layer into prepared pan. Pour toffee overtop and smooth into an even layer. Bake for 8 minutes.
Sprinkle chopped chocolate over toffee immediately and let sit until melted, about 5 minutes. Smooth chocolate into an even layer, then top with walnuts, almonds, or sprinkles, if using. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before breaking or cutting into pieces.