Olive Oil Blondies with Apricots and Pistachios
Prep time 10mins
Cook time 24mins
Serves or Makes: 8
- 1 cup dark rye flour
- 1/ 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/ 4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 2 cup olive oil
- 3/ 4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/ 4 teaspoon orange blossom water, (optional)
- 1/ 2 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/ 2 cup raw shelled pistachios
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a standard 9” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper and nonstick cooking spray.
Whisk rye flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and kosher salt in a medium bowl.
Whisk olive oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and orange blossom water (if using) in a medium bowl until well combined.
Add dry ingredients to olive oil mixture and stir until no patches of flour remain. Stir in chopped apricots and pistachios.
Spread batter in an even layer into prepared loaf pan. Bake for about 28-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 8 squares.