- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/ 3 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
- 2/ 3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/ 2 cup turbinado sugar or cane sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped (or large chocolate chips)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/ 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Cream butter, peanut butter, and both sugars in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
Add egg and vanilla and stir on low speed until just combined.
Add flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and stir on low speed until no dry patches remain. Stir in chopped chocolate until just combined.
Use a 3-tablespoon size cookie scoop to portion dough and arrange 8 portions 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and bake for about 16 minutes, until golden brown around the edges. Carefully transfer cookies to a cooling rack until set, about 8 minutes.