Salted Caramel Macarons
Happy Valentine's day and these are the last macarons for a long time Salted caramel macarons
90g egg whites (let it sit 1-4 days in the fridge)
50g white sugar
200g icing sugar
110g almond flour
1. In food processor grind the almond flour with icing sugar.
2. Whisk the egg whites and slowly add white sugar until its glossy & fluffy texture and hold soft peaks. Turn off the processor and spoon by spoon add the mixed almond with sugar.
3. Add your colours! :) - Be careful with the amount - start with a tiny bit - remember - you can add as much you want, but you can never go back if adding too much.
4. Pour the mixture into a piping bag and start pouring the batter onto a baking sheet (prepared with baking paper on).
5. When finished gently bang the baking sheet a few times so the air bobbles can get out - prevent cracking.
6. Let it sit for about 45 minutes and then bake your macarons for 10-15 minutes on 140-150°C.
7. You should take the macaron nicely off the baking sheet if ready. If not - leave it for few more seconds.
4 table spoons of salted caramel sauce
Mix it until nice and smooth and fill your macarons! :)