- 8 slices bread, firm, gluten free if needed
- 1 cup dairy-free milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1/ 2 (14 ounce) block tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1/ 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, or cooking spray, to grease the pan
In a high powered blender or food processor combine milk, flax seed, tofu, cinnamon, cacao powder, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Pulse until it becomes smooth and creamy.
Pour mixture in a large shallow bowl and place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to thicken.
Preheat a large frying pan on medium heat. Grease pan with one teaspoon of butter or spray oil.
Take your chocolate mixture out of the refrigerator. Dip each slice of bread in the chocolate batter.
Fry slices for about 3 minutes or until crispy and brown then flip bread and repeat steps.
Top with your favorite toppings. I used raspberry compote, fresh red currants, raspberries, and drizzled maple syrup.