- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices chopped thick cut bacon
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced, about 1 cup
- 1 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/ 4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can Tuttorosso Diced Tomatoes
- 2 inch piece of parmesan cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) cans rinsed cannellini beans
- 3 1/ 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/ 2 cups water
- 1/ 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup Ditalini pasta, cooked separately, al dente
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated, for serviing
Remove lid from Instant Pot and set to sauté setting. Set the timer to 5 minutes and let Instant Pot pre-heat. Add the oil into the hot insert, and then add the bacon and ground beef and cook, stirring often, until the beef is all browned. Add the onions, carrots and celery, and let cook, stirring often.
Add the garlic, dried oregano, red pepper flakes and the anchovy paste. Stir and cook until all combined. Pour in the entire can of Tuttorosso diced tomatoes, the cheese, the beans, chicken stock and the water and season with the salt and pepper. Mix together, place the instant pot lid on, lock and secure the lid and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
Specific instructions on how to set to pressure cook: (1) Press “pressure cook” (2) Hit “custom” (3) Set timer to 8 minutes (4) Press start. You should see the instant pot begin to pre-heat.
Make the Ditalini, drain and set aside.
When finished, release the pressure manually. Remove the lid and turn off your instant pot. Stir, taste and season with salt and pepper if needed.
To serve: portion out the cooked pasta into bowls and ladle the pasta e fagioli soup over the pasta and into the bowls. Garnish with fresh parsley and grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!