For the Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- pinch kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (5 ounce) bag mixed greens
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
To make the salad: In a small bowl, toss together the diced butternut squash, olive oil, salt and black pepper. On a greased baking sheet, evenly spread the diced butternut squash. Roast for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until they are golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
To make the vinaigrette: While the butternut squash is roasting, in a small bowl add all ingredients and whisk until fully combined. Taste and adjust if needed. Refrigerate until ready to serve; whisk again right before serving.
In a large serving bowl, add in the mixed greens, followed by the roasted butternut squash, sliced apples, blue cheese crumbles, pecans, pomegranate seeds. When ready to serve, drizzle with the honey dijon vinaigrette.