- 21/2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp ground all spice
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp better than bouillon paste, optional
- 2 juiced limes
- 1 scotch bonnet or habanero, stems removed
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
In a food processor, combine all the marinade ingredients and pulse until all ingredients are combined into a paste. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed, can add more all spice if desired.
Separate the chicken breasts and clean where necessary. Add to a gallon ziplock bag and pour the marinade into the bag, carefully pushing out excess air, and seal. Massage the marinade into the chicken and place into the refrigerator. Marinate overnight or minimum 8 hours.
Grill over medium high heat (about 425 degrees) for 5-8 minutes each side. Cooking time will depend on thickness of chicken and grill heat. You are looking for an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Remove from grill and garnish with chopped scallions and serve with a side of rice or side of choice.