- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast (or chicken thighs)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/ 3 cup julienned sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tablespoons oil from sun dried tomato jar
- 4 tablespoons divided olive oil
- 1/ 2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/ 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces 3 cheese tortellini
- A small handful fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook tortellini according to al dente package instructions, cover and set aside
Pound chicken breast to even thickness, season on both sides with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium/high heat, add 2 tbsp of oil and add chicken breast. Cook about 5-7 min each side (depending on thickness) until browned and cooked through. Remove from pan, cover, and set aside.
Lower the heat to medium. Add 2 tbsp of olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, and 1 tbsp of sun dried tomato oil to the pan and sauté for 1 min. Add in the spinach and cook another 2-3 min until it begins to wilt. Add chicken broth and stir then add heavy cream and stir another 2-4 min until liquid is reduced slightly and creamy.
Add tortellini and chicken to pan, stir to coat, and allow to cook for a minute to bring tortellini back to temperature. Top with parsley and serve, don’t forget to spoon some sauce over the top!