- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1/ 2 cup tamari, or soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1/ 2 cup orange juice
- 1/ 3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/ 3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/ 2 cup avocado oil
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 chipotle peppers in adobo, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/ 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/ 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/ 3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/ 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
In a container or large ziplock, whisk together all of the marinade ingredients. Place skirt steak in the marinade, seal the container, place in fridge, and marinate for 12-24 hours.
Remove from marinade and you can prepare either on the grill or in a cast iron pan. Grill: Preheat the grill on high heat and oil the grates carefully. Once preheated, add the steak and cook each side 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from grill, place on a plate, and allow to rest covered in foil for 5 minutes before slicing/serving. Cast Iron Pan: In a seasoned large cast iron pan over high heat, add the skirt steak. Cook on each side for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from cast iron, place on a plate, and allow to rest covered in foil for 5 minutes before slicing/serving.
Slice the skirt steak against the grain and assemble your tacos! Enjoy!
- 10 flour tortillas, or corn tortillas
- 4 ounces crumbled cotija cheese
- 1/ 4 cup chopped cilantro
- Jalapeno peppers, sliced
- Pickled red onions