- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats, divided
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/ 4 cup roughly chopped roasted almonds
- 1/ 4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/ 4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/ 4 cup cashew cardamom almond butter, (or almond butter)
- 1/ 4 cup maple syrup
- 1/ 4 cup neutral oil, (I used grapeseed oil)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste, (or vanilla extract)
Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 9x9” baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1” overhang on two sides.
Pulse ½ cup of oats into a fine flour with a food processor. Add this to a large bowl with remaining 1 ½ cups oats, brown sugar, almonds, cardamom, and salt. Stir to combine.
In a separate bowl, combine nut butter, maple syrup and oil. Whisk until the mixture comes together. Stir in vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract.
Add wet ingredients to oat mixture, stirring until oats are evenly coated. Using a rubber spatula, spread mixture into prepared pan ensuring thickness is even throughout. Place another piece of parchment on top and press down to tightly pack the mixture into pan.
Remove top layer of parchment and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
Using your spatula, gently press down on oats to deflate. Allow to cool for about 10 minutes, then using overhang of parchment, pick up oats and place on a cutting board. Cut into five even strips, then cut in half to make 5 even rectangles.
Place cut bars back into oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until bars become firm.