Red Cabbage & Celery Soup
½ medium size red cabbage, thinly sliced
4 celery stalks, finely chopped
1 large white onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 green apple, finely grated
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
2L vegetable stock
Around 1 tsp xylityol or any other sweetener of choice
Freshly parsley for garnish
Salt & pepper to taste
1. In a big pan fry the onion with 1 tbsp olive oil over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until it’s just softened . Add the garlic and cook for another minute, stirring continuously to ensure the garlic doesn’t burn.
2. Add the red cabbage, celery, grated apple, paprika, xylitol, salt & pepper and stir well. Cover with a lid and sweat for around 10 minutes.
3. Stir in the vinegar and vegetable stock, cover with a lid and simmer for around 30 minutes.
4. Blend the soup in a food processor until smooth. If the soup is too thick, add more water to achieve the desired consistency. You might want to taste the soup at this stage and add more seasoning if required.
5. Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt or crème fresh and chopped parsley.