Fall is here, so its time for soup! Crowded_Kitchen uses Cascadian Farm Mirepoix Blend to create the base and adds all of our favorite fall flavors from there, like thyme, rosemary and sage. It's a hearty fall twist on the classic minestrone!
To see more recipes inspired by Cascadian Farm, click here!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bag (10 ounce) Cascadian Farm Mirepoix Blend
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups butternut or acorn squash, peeled and diced
- 1 cup yellow squash or zucchini
- 2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 sprigs rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (15 ounce)can can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups chopped lacinato kale
- 1 box (8 oz) gluten free pasta shells, cooked according to package directions
Heat a large stock pot over medium heat and add olive oil. When heated, add entire bag of Cascadian Farm Organic Mirepoix mix. Stir and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
Add minced garlic, stir and cook for 2 minutes.
Add diced squash and potatoes, stir and cook for a minute or two. Add tomato paste and tomatoes, stir to coat. Add vegetable broth, salt, pepper and herbs and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and let simmer about 40 minutes, or until vegetables are mostly softened.
Add kidney beans and kale. Stir and let simmer for additional 10-15 minutes. Add cooked pasta before serving. Enjoy!