Brown Butter Banana Bread With Cashews
| | [brown butter banana bread with cashews and muscovado sugar]
140g whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
good pinch of salt
30g cashews, roughly chopped
generous pinch ground vanilla
2 overripe/ very ripe bananas (250g)
1 egg, separated in yolk and white
1. start with greasing a 20x15 cm (8x6") baking tin. i recommend putting a parchment paper on the bottom to prevent sticking. preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
2. in a pan melt the butter and let it simmer until it turns golden brown and smells heavenly - set aside.
3. combine the dry ingredients in a bowl and whisk well.
4. now put the egg yolk, yogurt, bananas and butter in a blender and mix until smooth. ( !: if you want to garnish your cake with two banana slices, then cut them now and reserve them for later)
5. add the wet mixture to your dry one and stir until smooth
6. lastly beat the egg white and gently fold it in the batter. then now distribute the mixture in your baking tin, top it with the banana slices and bake it for 30-35mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
7. enjoy it still warm or toasted with some butter in the next morning!:)
note: if your bananas aren't ripe enough just put them in the oven at 130C/260F for 20-30 mins until black - works great!