To purchase their new cookbook Vedge Pasta, click here.
- 2 pounds Jumbo Carrots, washed well
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Blackening Spice
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1/ 2 cup Minced Onion
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 3 cups Vegetable Stock
- 2 cups Dried Black or Green Lentils, picked through and rinsed
- 2 teaspoon Blackening Spice
- 1 cups Loosely Packed Fresh Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Gloves
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers, stems and seeds removed
- 1 cup Chopped Onions
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- Blackening Spice
- Black Spice Blend
- 1 tablespoon Cumin, ground
- 1 tablespoon Garlic, granulated
- 1 tablespoon Onion, granulated
- 1 tablespoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Allspice, ground
- 2 teaspoons Brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Thyme, dried
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg, ground
- 1/ 4 Cloves, ground
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Toss the carrots on a sheet pan with the olive oil and blackening spice. Roast until the just start to become tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, to make the lentils, heat the oil in a medium stockpot over high heat until it ripples. Add the minced onions and garlic and cook, stirring until brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the stock, lentils and blackening spice and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, until the lentils are tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine all of the harissa ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
To serve, spoon the lentils onto a serving dish, place the roasted carrots on top of the lentils, and cover the carrots with the harissa.
To make spice blend - Mix all of the ingredients together