4 ounces butter, room temperature
275 g all-purpose flour
272 g sugar
7 g lemon zest
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 g salt
3 g baking soda
5 g baking powder
173 g sour cream
2 Tablespoon honey
2 Tablespoon powdered sugar
2 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon lavender buds
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour a loaf pan.
2. Measure sugar and lemon zest into a bowl and rub together with your fingers until incorporated. Transfer to the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. Cream mixture until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs one by one, followed by vanilla. Scrape the bottom of the bowl with a plastic spatula.
3. Sift flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder into a bowl. Add one third of the flour mixture to the bowl and beat until just incorporated. Follow with half of the sour cream. Add the 2nd third of flour, followed by the rest of the sour cream. Add the last third of flour and beat until incorporated. Scrape the bottom of the bowl well with the plastic spatula.
4. Pour mixture into greased and floured loaf pan and bake until risen, golden brown, and a cake tester comes out clean, about an hour.
5. After the cake has been pulled from the oven, make the glaze. Add all ingredients to a heavy saucepan over high heat, and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Using a pastry brush, brush glaze onto loaf cake. Allow cake to cool in the pan, then remove. Slice and enjoy!