How to make Honey Whipped Sheep's Milk Cheese Crostini With Pistachios, Hot Honey And Fig Jam
More from @
Prep time 5mins
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced into ½ inch rounds and toasted as desired
For the Whipped Sheep's Milk Cheese
- 7 ounces Valbreso
- 7 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 2 1/ 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Topping
- 1 1/ 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon water, plus more as needed
- Chopped pistachios
- Edible flowers, to garnish (optional)
Combine the sheep's milk cheese cheese, Greek yogurt, honey, and olive oil in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
In a small bowl, whisk together fig jam, honey and water until it has the consistency of syrup.
Transfer the honey whipped sheep's milk cheese to a piping bag and pipe onto crostini using a zig-zag motion. If you do not have a piping bag, create a makeshift one by transferring the whipped sheep's milk cheese to a ziploc bag and snipping off the corner with scissors to pipe onto the crostini.
Top the crostini with chopped pistachios, fig drizzle, and edible flowers for garnish.