My 3 favorite things are farmers market produce, being outside with the grill going and NYC. We combined all of these components at FeedfeedBrooklyn to make the perfect summer appetizer while you get your proteins cooking. Grilling fruit brings out all the the natural sugars while brightening the flavors of your veggies. Top it all with some burrata and good olive oil and your friends will want to come to your house for the rest of the summer!
- 5 apricots, halved, pit removed
- 5 bell peppers, assorted colors
- 5 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 4 plums, halved, pit removed
- 4 peaches, halved, pit removed
- 3 ears corn
- 2 bunches green onions
- 1 Japanese eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, sliced thickly
- 1 pineapple, peeled and sliced into spears
- 1 (8 ounce) package cremini mushrooms
- Olive oil, as needed, for grilling
- 1 whole burrata, torn
- Edible flowers, optional for garnish
- Black pepper, for garnish
- Flaked sea salt, for garnish
Light a grill or heat a grill pan over medium-high heat on the stove. Brush with olive oil. Working in batches, grill the fruits and vegetables, turning as needed, until tender and lightly charred, 3-4 minutes for the apricots, zucchini, plums, peaches, mango and pineapple; 6-8 minutes for the bell peppers, corn, green onions, eggplant; and 8-10 minutes for the mushrooms.
Arrange grilled crudité on a board in sections. Serve with burrata and drizzle with olive oil. Garnish with edible flowers, black pepper and flaky sea salt, then serve.