- 3 large leeks, cleaned, greens discarded, and cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling onto bread
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 baguette cut into 1" crostini slices
- 4 ounces President Goat Cheese
- 4 ounces Valbreso Cheese
- 4 ounces Société Roquefort
Make the confit leeks. Preheat oven to 300°F. Place leek slices into a large, high-rimmed baking pan. Pour olive oil over the leeks until they are covered. Season leeks with salt and pepper to taste, then toss thyme sprigs into the oil. Bake leeks for an hour or more, until they are meltingly tender. Be sure to rotate the pan in the oven sporadically, to make sure they cook evenly.
Make the hot honey. In a medium pot over medium-low heat, add honey, crushed red pepper flakes, and apple cider vinegar. Mix until the ingredients are well combined. Allow the mixture to cool, then drain over a fine mesh sieve to remove the red pepper flakes. Place into a jar.
Make the crostini. Pour some extra virgin olive oil over the pieces of bread, on both sides. Add the bread to a large pan over medium-high heat, and cook until golden on both sides.
Divide the cheese among the crostini, and place on top of each piece of bread. Top the pieces of cheese with a confit leek, and a drizzle of hot honey. Enjoy!