How to make Checkered Toast
Serves or Makes: 1
- 1 large slice toast, such as sourdough
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons matcha milk jam
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon yuzu marmalade (or any yellow jam/marmalade)
- 6 cherries, pitted, stems removed, and cut in half
Prepare the toast. Using the back of a spoon or an icing spreader, carefully spread small dollops of ricotta and matcha milk jam in an alternating pattern on the toast.
Using a small spoon, drop small dollops of the strawberry jam and yuzu marmalade in alternating patterns sporadically on top of the ricotta & matcha jam.
Place cherry halves sporadically on top. Enjoy!