Banana Sundae Cupcake
Banana Sundae Cupcake! Banana cupcake topped with coconut whipped cream, roasted peanuts, drizzle of @loving_earth melted dark chocolate and a cherry on top
Banana Sundae Cupcake - serves 18
1/2 cup vegan margarine
1 cup coconut sugar
2 portions of egg
replacement1 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cup mashed ripe bananas
¼ cup vegan buttermilk (¼ cup non-dairy milk and ¼ tbsp apple cider vinegar, let it sit for 10 minutes)
2 cups Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
¾ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 – 3 cups whipped coconut cream
¼ cup crushed roasted peanuts
¼ cup melted dark chocolate
18 fresh cherries
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line cupcake tray with 18 cupcake liners. In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine and sugar.
2. Add the egg replacement, vanilla, bananas and buttermilk.
3. Sift the flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to banana mixture. Fill 18 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
4. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
5. Once cooled, with a star shape tip, pipe the coconut cream on each cupcake, sprinkle with peanuts, drizzle melted chocolate and finally place a cherry on top.