- 11/2 tablespoons ghee or avocado oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground pork or ground chicken
- 31/2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, or more to taste
- 1/2 pound baby bok choy, lightly chopped
- steamed rice, to serve
- green onion, finely sliced
- cucumber, sliced
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- sesame oil, for garnish
Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add ginger and garlic and sauté for 1 minute. Add onion and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
Add the pork and break up the meat with a wooden spoon. Cook for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Add the brown sugar and fish sauce to the skillet and stir. Once ingredients are mixed, leave untouched to allow flavors to infuse and caramelize, 2-3 minutes. Add bok choy. Stir mixture and cook until bok choy stems have a slight tenderness.
For assembling the bowls, add rice, spoon in pork, top with green onion, sesame seeds, a drizzle of sesame oil, and add cucumber along the side of the bowl–enjoy!