- 1 1/ 4 pounds ground chicken
- 2 tablepoons garlic hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons seasame oil
- 1/ 4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 13 crushed sesame rice crackers
- 1 minced (to garnish) green onion
- 8 oz pineapple tidbits
- 1/ 4 cup raw honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablepoons ketchup
- 2 tablepoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
In a bowl, combine the ground chicken, hoisin sauce, ginger, seasame oil, salt, pepper, crushed rice crackers and green onion. Using a small scoop, portion out meat and roll into balls.
Preheat 2 Tbs olive oil, in a large non stick skillet, over med high heat. Add in meatballs and brown on all sides, shaking pan to roll meatballs, every few minutes. Remove from pan to a plate.
While meatballs are browning, mix the pineapple tidbits, honey, ketchup, soy sauce, rice vinegar and worcestershire sauce in a small bowl. Once meatballs are browned add glaze to skillet and scrape up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Once glaze is bubbling, return meatballs to pan and toss to coat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 7-10 minutes, until meatballs reach an internal temp of 165 degrees. Serve over white rice, or with side of choice.